Immediate Dental Implant Placement with Tooth Extraction
Long term clinical studies show the best results are often seen when the dental implant is placed at the same visit as tooth removal. Some of the benefits to placing the implant into the extracted tooth socket includes:
- Faster time to final crown being placed by your dentist.
- Eliminates need for second surgical procedure.
- Less drilling as procedure takes advantage of the “hole” nature created where the tooth was removed.
- Better aesthetic result as the natural gum contours are preserved.
- Less radiation as fewer x-rays are necessary.
- Total cost of treatment is reduce.
After the implant has bonded to the jawbone, the second phase begins. Your surgeon will check to make sure the implant has healed and will then refer you back to your dentist to have the crown placed. In some cases your dentist may ask us to place the abutment. The abutment is the small post which connects the implant to the crown. When the replacement teeth are placed, these posts will not be seen. The entire procedure usually takes two to four months. Most patients experience little to no disruption in their daily life and immediately resume all normal activities.
Call NJ Center for Oral Surgery Phone Number 973-226-8444 with questions or to request an online appointment.