3D CBCT in Caldwell and Florham Park, NJ
State-of-the-Art Advanced Technology
The NJ Center for Oral Surgery is proud to offer the Carestream 9300 Select 3D Cone Beam CAT Scan.
CAT images provide Dr. Kirsch, Dr. Jacobs and Dr. Zambetti with the most comprehensive and accurate information available to determine bone quantity and quality. The dental scan will provide the exact location of anatomical structures, the contours of the jaw bone, and the best sites for your implants. With Dental CAT Scanning implant procedures can be planned in detail before any surgery takes place. This means virtually no surprises when a doctor performs surgery.
Advantages of Cone Beam CAT Scan are:
- Our Cone Beam CAT Scan emits much less radiation compared to a regular CAT Scan found at hospitals and radiology facilities. In some cases it can be 10x less.
- Allows our surgeons to visualize internal anatomy that can not be diagnosed externally or by clinical examination.
- Plan treatment and surgery by providing a 3D detailed map to the area of interest.
- Assess risks for a surgery by providing detailed anatomy and visualization of vital nerves and other structures. This may be particularly important when evaluation impacted teeth and sites for dental implants.
- Analyze the position and orientation of critical structures, like nerves, teeth roots, implant sites, and the sinus.
- Our CAT Scan provides 3D images vs. traditional x-rays which only provide 2D.
- Unlike regular x-rays, our CAT Scan can see the differences between many types of tissues including bone, teeth, nerves and soft tissues.
- CAT Scans are noninvasive, and can eliminate the need for exploratory surgery in many cases.
- CAT Scans can identify the size, extent and effects of conditions such as infections, cysts and tumors.
- Much faster scan time 10-40 seconds, while a regular CAT Scanner takes several minutes to complete.
- Our fee can be 50% less expensive than a CAT Scan obtained at a hospital or radiology facility.
- “If the wisdom tooth is deemed to be in close proximity to the mandibular canal, then a CBCT or CAT Scan should be ordered for further evaluation. A single panoramic radiograph could be insufficient owing to image disturbance compare with a CAT Scan. However, CBCT is the gold standard owing to lower radiation exposure and lower cost compared with CT.” J Oral Maxillofacial Surgery 73:1672-1685, 2015
Drs. Kirsch, Jacobs and Zambetti will only recommend this exam after careful consideration and in an effort to provide you with the best possible diagnosis and treatment.
Learn More About 3D CAT Scans
Please don’t hesitate to contact our offices with any questions or to make an appointment.
NJ Center for Oral Surgery Phone Number 973-226-8444 Florham Park Office
Florham Park Office (North Tower) Phone Number 973-261-8444 Book Online