Single Tooth Implants in Caldwell and Florham Park, NJ
Why are dental implants important?
Missing a tooth doesn’t just hurt your appearance, but it can damage your overall health and well-being as well. At NJ Center for Oral Surgery, we understand the important role that teeth play in the body and how missing just one tooth can cause your jawbone to deteriorate, which leads to the aging appearance of your face, and eventually, your self-esteem. Thanks to the advancement of technology and the exceptional skills of our doctors, we place single tooth implants every day. Truly life-changing, dental implants look, feel and function just like natural teeth.
How Dental Implants Work?
Did you know that our bodies are able to coexist, and even integrate, with a variety of man made? Osseointegration is the fusing of bone with titanium, and it is this unique integration that makes dental implants the most popular solution for missing teeth today. In fact, titanium’s ability to fully fuse with bone has proven itself to be amazingly reliable when it comes to creating stable and long-lasting tooth replacements.
What is a single tooth implant?
A single tooth implant is an artificial tooth root made of titanium. A complete dental implant tooth includes three components:
- Implant—a titanium screw that is placed in the jawbone
- Abutment—a connector between the implant and crown
- Crown—the final restoration that is visible and looks like a tooth
Drs. Kirsch, Jacobs and Zambetti will place the implant, and after it has fused with the bone, your general dentist will place the abutment and crown.
There’s no time like the present.
Your jawbone must be stimulated regularly in order to maintain its volume. Therefore, when you lose a tooth, the jawbone begins to deteriorate almost immediately. Studies show that within a year of tooth loss, there is a 25% decrease in bone width. So, the sooner you replace your missing tooth, the better. Dental implants take the place of natural teeth to provide the stimulus needed by the jaw. If not done soon enough, dental implants are still possible, but bone grafting is needed to rebuild the lost bone.
Dental Implants: The Process
- Consultation and Treatment Plan: We begin the process by gathering medical and dental histories to ensure we have a complete picture of your current health. During this visit we will obtain radiographic images of the area. Next, we discuss treatment options with you and form a plan that meets both your health goals and budgetary needs.
- Extraction: We remove the tooth in question, and we may be able to place the implant at the same time of extraction if bone grafting is not required (see next step).
- Bone Grafting: If the missing tooth site does not have enough bone, we will add bone to strengthen the target area.
- Dental Implant Surgery: During the implant procedure itself, we place a titanium screw into your jawbone. Placing a single implant is painless and typically takes less than 30 minutes. You should be able to return to all routine activities immediately following.
- Osseointegration: After placing the implant, we let it sit for 2-4 months so that it can fuse with the bone.
- Final Restoration: Once the implant is fully fused with the bone, we will make sure the top implant is accessible to your general dentist so they may begin the final restoration.
How much does a single tooth implant cost?
In the long run, dental implants are typically the least expensive non-removable tooth replacement option. This is because they tend to outlast older alternative options such as bridges. This increased longevity makes implants the more affordable choice overall. We offer financing options and go out of our way to help our patients navigate their insurance policies. We want to do everything within our power to ensure you get that smile you’re proud to show off.
At the NJ Center for Oral Surgery, we are proud to offer a safe, comfortable and affordable dental implant experience to our patients. Call us at one of our NJ offices to get started on your journey. We look forward to providing you with the support, guidance, and expertise you deserve.